Experience a world
of new ideas and technology
New Career Opportunity
Security Operations Center Manager
Corning Incorporated is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 165 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramic science, and optical physics to develop products and processes that have transformed industries and enhanced people’s lives.
The global Information Technology (IT) function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end-to-end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning's businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
- Bachelor's degree
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 5 years of previous supervisory experience leading a technical team
- 5+ years of experience in information security working in an enterprise environment
- 3+ years of experience working on computer security team in a SOC environment
- Exceptional operational rigor with extensive real-world experience in ITIL methodologies and frameworks for IT operations.
- Experience in designing, implementing and measuring relevant security and technology management critical success factors, key performance indicators, and metrics.
- Ability to create shift schedules to ensure 24x7 on-call and coverage by support personnel in off hours.
- In-depth knowledge of modern security concepts and how to apply them.
As SOC (Security Operations Center) Manager you will lead the team responsible for situational security awareness by pulling together information from a variety of systems and normalizing and correlating the information. The SOC provides detection and reaction services for information security incidents within the company and e-discovery support. The ideal candidate will bring a fresh perspective to the team and be passionate about protecting, defending and responding to information security related events.
Leadership responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate the ability to build, lead, manage and motivate teams in a dynamic environment.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and delivery of standard procedures related to the SOC, and driving innovations
- Lead the team by providing direction and guidance to team members in handling issues
- Ensure staffing coverage in each shift
- Coordination with IT and non-IT organizations related to security for escalation of issues
- Demonstrated understanding of Information Security and Networking required
SCOPE OF POSITION