Apply now: Executive Director Career Opportunity
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL: Sept 7th.
The 171 Cedar Arts Center (171) is a financially stable, programmatically strong, 50-year-old community arts center offering more than 300 arts education programs annually.171 Cedar Arts Center operates out of two historic buildings in Corning, New York. Located between First and Second Streets, with the Bruce House to the south at 171 Cedar Street and the Drake House to the north at 155 Cedar Street.
The Executive Director works closely with the Board of Directors in crafting the strategic plan for the arts center. He/She is responsible for all aspects of administration, operations, finances, personnel management and community relations. The Executive Director is also the public face of 171 in the community as well.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 5-10 years experience leading a team of professional staff
- Experience creating and managing an annual budget between $500,000-$1,000,000.
- Ability to balance strategic vision and tactical execution.
- Team and organizational leadership, such as setting priorities and direction; delegation; managing follow-through; coaching and staff development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; public speaking
- Strong time manaegment skills, including planning, organizing and the ability to prioritize
- Marketing, Business, and financial acumen is a must
- Proven success in fund development including excellent fund-raising skills, including donor development, grant research and writing, reporting, as well as funder relations skills with corporate, foundation, business and donor constituents
- IT skills (Word, Excel, email and web familiarity)
- Previous experience in Education or non-profit organizaitions
- Experience in fundraising software (i.e. Blackbaud Raiser's Edge Software is a plus)
171 Cedar Arts Center is a dynamic organization which enriches the community by: offering excellent arts instruction; exhibiting today’s artists; presenting live performances.
• Community-centered for more than 45 years
• Inclusive of everyone
• Passionate about art’s power and possibilities
• Committed to excellence in all we do
• Appreciative and caring of clients, faculty, artists and volunteers
• Dedicated to honest, responsive, and responsible management
Now Accepting Applications
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and the names & contact information for 3-5 references via email. Response will be accepted through 5 pm on Friday, September 7th.